12.28.2009

Niggles

Xmas has come and go and I think i survived it pretty well considering i didn't put on any extra weight. Training has been going well. I'm sitting at a fairly nice weight - 70kgs - I can see the difference in my body shape and how light i feel on my feet. Combine that with Yoga and Power Lifting and I would say I just may be in the best physical shape of my life. It will continue and its a key motivating factor for me. Ive been carrying a few injury "niggles" over the past month - first it was a foot sprain, then a Neck sprain and lastly a head cold. But one must soldier on and its simply temporary.

I will be launching right into 2010 - I will add touch, and running to the workout regime. The cliche - hitting the ground running couldnt be more true - I have an adventure race planned for Late Jan and a my first amateur fight planned for March. I've mentioned this to a few people and they are all eager to support me - so there is that weight of expectation motivating me as well.

We've been doing a little more ring work and sparring which has been great. Defensive techniques, managing energy output in each round, looking for openings and as always technique and strategy. Clinching will play a big part in all of this. As will knees and Combos.
There is so much to learn and the journey keeps on getting better and better.
Our trainers are supportive and I do find myself spending alot of time watching videos on YouTube and reading books.

I got slammed heavily on my back today which shook me up and caught me off guard  - I needed that. even if the guy was 90kgs and i nailed him with upteen knees to the head.

Bring it on i say.

No comments: